State-of-the-Art Dental Services
O’Fallon dentist Edward M. Logan, DDS offers you a full range of cosmetic dentistry services and general dentistry services, as well as emergency dental services. We treat patients of every age and excel at helping our patients to understand their treatment and to relax and meet their dental treatments without stress.
Preventive or General Dentistry Services
Routine visits to the dentist for preventive care help to prevent future problems such as gum disease and tooth decay. Of all of the services that we offer, preventive dentistry is probably the most important to you.
- Dental Exams – We recommend a dental examination at least two times a year to ensure that your teeth and gums are healthy.
- Digital X-Rays with Minimal Radiation – Dental x-rays are used to diagnose newly developing dental problems so they can be treated quickly before more extensive and expensive treatment is needed. Our digital x-rays have been tested and shown to emit virtually zero radiation.
- Dental Cleanings – A professional cleaning that allows the dental hygienist to remove any traces of tartar or plaque should be performed at least twice yearly and possibly more often depending upon your particular dental health needs.
- Fluoride Treatments – Regular fluoride treatments provide a front line against tooth decay. Fluoride treatments help strengthen teeth and make them more resistant to cavities.
Restorative Dentistry Services
Restorative dentistry services correct problems caused by tooth decay, an accident involving the teeth, a missing tooth or gum disease.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings – In our O’Fallon dental office, we use tooth-colored material to fill cavities. This material allows us to save more of the original tooth structure while appearing virtually invisible.
- Tooth-Colored and Gold Crowns – A crown, which is sometimes referred to as a cap, covers a tooth that is broken, has had root canal therapy or has extensive decay. Just like our tooth-colored fillings, crowns can be made to match the color of surrounding teeth and blend seamlessly with your smile. We also offer gold crowns as a durable, long-lasting alternative.
- Bridges – Bridges are fixed crowns that allow you to bridge the gap created by missing teeth.
- Inlays or Onlays – When a tooth is fractured or decayed in a manner precluding filling as a restorative option, a laboratory fabricated inlay or onlay may be indicated. This helps to provide for structural integrity of the tooth in a more conservative fashion than a complete crown.
- Dentures – When many teeth must be replaced as the result of untreatable decay or gum disease, dentures are a reliable, functional option. Employing today’s cosmetic, restorative capabilities in dentistry, dentures can be created that look natural, permit normal bite function and ability to eat and to speak without challenges. For more information about dentures, please visit our Dentures page.
Cosmetic Dentistry Services
In our O’Fallon dental practice, we provide the highest quality and most advanced technology cosmetic dentistry has to offer.
Cosmetic Dentistry Services Include:
For more information about the cosmetic dentistry services we offer, please visit our Cosmetic Dentistry page.
Family Dentistry Services
We treat patients of all ages at our O’Fallon dental office and we truly enjoy being able to get to know entire families. In order to help create a positive first experience for your young child at the dentist, we recommend bringing the child in early, before any extensive work may be needed. This will allow your child to meet the dentist under optimal circumstances. We can work with you to instruct your children in how to care for their teeth at home. Our staff is trained to help children understand what the dentist does and to help put children at ease in our office. For more information on our family dentistry services, please see our Family Dentistry page.
If you are in need of quality general dentistry or cosmetic dentistry services in O’Fallon, Dr. Edward Logan can provide you with cost effective and comfortable dental care. Call for an appointment today at 636-561-5445.